Teach for Rural China in Dali
ASDAN Global Volunteering Program
Three Authoritative Certificates | ASDAN Academic Workshops
|R1||Dec 23rd - Dec 30th, 2023||Senior High||Dali|
|R2||Feb 15th - Feb 22nd, 2024||Senior High||Dali|
ASDAN Global Volunteer Program（Research+Volunteer）
Combine volunteer and research, ASDAN Volunteer Program equips volunteers with research knowledge and method，encourages volunteers to complete research reports on diverse social issues, which contributes to applying for university and making an real influence
It is the mission of everyone that spread love and strength over the world
Teach for Rural China in Dali
Dali is located in China’s midwest of Yunnan province, and it is a place where multi-ethnic cultures are intertwined.
Various cultures seek common ground while reserving differences and have created a unique human geographic landscape. Our voluntary destination is in Fengyu town, a Bai village known as the "Township of Literature and Ink". The schools here lack innovative education, and the educational gap between cities and towns still exists. The ASDANVolunteer Project aims to enrich the quality-oriented education of rural primary schools and help local students learn diverse cultures and broaden their horizons.
- Official member of International Association for Volunteer Effort (IAVE)
- Official member of the Volunteer Groups Alliance （VGA）
- The ASDAN Volunteering Certfication is accredited by UCAS
- Certification for 40-50 hours of volunteer service issued by ASDAN China,Volunteering Certification issued by official partner organization
In line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) , ASDAN "Volunteer + Research" Program meets the needs of colleges and the society for current and future talents, and cultivates the ability of discovering problems, actively acquiring and applying knowledge, and solving real problems.
"Volunteering + Research", exclusively designed by ASDAN China, is an academic growth model that combines research-oriented learning and voluntary service. We refer to the authoritative theory of education, admission requirements of universities, 10 years of project experience, and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to design our programs. ASDAN "Volunteering + Research" Programs cover four categories: Teach for Rural Areas, Community Support, Wildlife & Environment Conservation, and Cultural Heritage Conservation. Volunteers will experience rich and unique service scenarios and learn from different topics of research workshops concerning real social problems. We aim to guide volunteers to discover problems, propose solutions and report to the public, improve volunteers' research learning ability, meet the requirements of volunteers' personal growth and further education, and enhance their sense of social responsibility.
When it comes to voluntary services, admission officers of universities think highly of sincerely caring about society and comprehensive qualities and skills, such as proposers of innovative solutions, leaders of public welfare projects, and the continuity and depth of voluntary services. 62.1% of colleges would like to see applicants show a record report reflecting the whole process of volunteering. The world's top universities emphasize community commitment with problem-solving ability. Every high school student needs volunteering service experience that combines public welfare emotion and social problem-solving ability.
Value for University Application
- Three authoritative certificates
- Volunteer portfolio
- Six transferable skills: research-based learning, self-directed learning, teamwork, problem solving, communication and presentation, use of IT resources
- Research outputs can be further used in EPQ research learning certification to obtain university application UCAS bonus points and more opportunity of world-renowned universities' admissions
- Visual academic outputs that is bene cial to the local communities
- An uniqe volunteering portfolio that shows your growth
- Professional tutor team: cooperate with frontline NGOs/social enterprises and experienced tutors
- Participation: expose to real social issues and immerse in real volunteering scenes, and enhance the sense of experiencing
- Realize self-worth: take actions and become an innovator and leader
- Participate in volunteering service to contribute to the local communities
- Long-term sustainable influence: take part in SDGs program continuously, and make a long-term sustainable impact!
Qualification and Authoritative Certificates
Official member of International Association for Volunteer Effort (IAVE)
Official member of the Volunteer Groups Alliance （VGA）
ASDAN UK Volunteering Short Course
which is accredited by UCAS
issued by partner organization
Certification for 40-50 hours of volunteer service issued by ASDAN China
Sustainable Influence Platform：The ASDAN Volunteer Quarterly、The ASDAN Volunteer Academic Journal、ASDAN Official WeChat Accounts and other multimedia platforms
【Scan the code to know more】
- • Real stories：inspire more people
- • Challenging volunteering services：skills learning and methodology
- • Fruitful experience：various outcomes
- • Sustainable Influence：participate continuously